Friday 3 June 2016

Celesta University: Degrees of Depravity by SelectaCorp Gameplay Guides


Hi Folks!  Yes we live in exciting times!  And the 'Celesta University: Degrees of Depravity' game is an excellent example, as witnessed by these Youtube gameplay guides recently published by those excelent chaps at SelectaCorp.  But first, something of an apology - and something of an explanation by way of mitigation:
 Yep! It's been a mighty long time since my last post, and I do seem to have neglected this blog in favour of my Tumblr blog and Pinterest account somewhat - for which I can only appologise.  In my defence I have to say I've had a mighty struggle with my internet provider as well as certain personal / family problems which have kept me away from home quite a lot. 

 I've also now taken on a little unpaid voluntary physiotherapy / rehabilitation work with vulnerable adults which involves my taking over from their National Health Service (NHS) physiotherapist at the end of the physio's  allotted time with the client and continuing to monitor, supervise and encourage the client's further progress / rehabilitation by working through their exercise programme with them on a regular basis.  The latter though - now that I've worked through the various courses and taking hand-over from the physios concerned with my first couple of clients - will entail just one day per week and will slot nicely into my weekly routine with little or no disruption of my various publication projects as I've planned it to occupy one of the 'dead days' during which the 'other half' (the Mrs, for the uninitiated) is around the flat making work difficult in any case.
 
 The reason I've felt able to update the Tumblr and Pinterest accounts is simply the ease with which I can post to them - I can even reblog stuff from various sources straight of my smart phone - as compared to blogger, although I can be a lot more creative with blogger.  Added to this is the fact that I have built up quite a collection of photo-manipulated, annotated and captioned stuff which I can just simply drag and drop into the other accounts.  It's a whole lot more long-winded on blogger.
Right, that having been said; my work with SelectaCorp on their new game - 

‘Celesta University: Degrees of Depravity’ - has been continuing in the background all the while (as have some of my other projects such as some writing and also my 'Illustrated Institution' art project, of which more another time) - albeit in a sort of stop-start ad hoc manner.  At the time of writing the game has been in beta testing and I have been running through it experimenting with gameplay (ie, playing the thing).  SelectaCorp have now put out a series of gameplay guide videos (CLICK HERE TO VISIT THEYOUTUBE CHANNEL DIRECTLY) which you can see on this page - thanks for the link, Ulver!  Give 'em a view, make constructive criticism and share what you think.  

I should point out that it is possible the final version of the game could vary in detail from what you see here - for example I myself recently made a suggestion to the writers aimed at improving a small part of the opening / introductory section - but these vids should give you a good idea of where it is all going and what to expect.  All suggestions will be welcomed by the writers I'm sure.

No comments: